REMEMBER: You can post error notifications on our Facebook page:
2018/09/20 Corrected numerous renditions (JZAK again to br. Saeed Malik)
|28||74||Literal<br\>Word by Word||missing 'calls to them'|
|29||64||Literal<br\>Word by Word||missing 'in falsehood'|
|38||82||Literal<br\>Word by Word||missing 'recompense'|
|43||78||Literal<br\>Word by Word||missing 'Our messengers|
|40||31||Yusuf Ali||typo (coast/coats)|
2018/09/17 Corrected missing word from literal and word-for-word (JZAK Facebook user Summer Sky)
2018/09/17 Corrected typo
- Corrected "Allah6" to "Allah's" in 39:53 in Mohammed Shafi
2018/08/05-06 Corrected numerous renditions (continuation of fixes from br. Saeed Malik)
|25||38||Literal<br\>Word by Word||missing Ar-rass|
2018/08/05 Corrected extraneous character in Muhammad Asad
In surah 2 ayat 180, the word "I," had been inserted after "...what is fair:"
JZAK to sister Karen Pradia English
2018/08/05 Corrected sequencing error in Yusuf Ali Original
as-Shu`ara` 26:49 to 26:73
This was due to a difference in the verse-divison at ayah 49
Said (Pharaoh): "Believe ye in Him before I give you permission? surely he is your leader, who has taught you sorcery! but soon shall ye know!
Said (Pharaoh): "Believe ye in Him before I give you permission? surely he is your leader, who has taught you sorcery! but soon shall ye know! Be sure I will cut off your hands and your feet on opposite sides, and I will cause you all to die on the cross!"
This shifted all verses until ayah 73 which had the reverse problem
This was in the group of issues reported by brother Saeed Malik (see 2018/08/04)
2018/08/04 Corrected numerous renditions
|24||63||Yusuf Ali (Orig. 1938)|
|25||13||Yusuf Ali (Orig. 1938)|
|25||13||Yusuf Ali (Saudi Rev. 1985)|
|25||29||Yusuf Ali (Orig. 1938)|
|25||30||Yusuf Ali (Orig. 1938)|
JZAK to brother Saeed Malik - again!
More corrections in this group pending.
2018/07/19 Added Abdul Hye translation
- Also published first (of many, inshaAllah) Translation Description pages
See Abdul Hye translation: Qur`an - the Final Revelation
2018/07/19 Corrected numerous renditions
- Corrected "1" to "I" in 21:45 Asad
- Corrected "tot" to "to it" in literal 20:99 and word-for-word 20:99
- Corrected missing word "taste" in literal 22:9 and word-for-word 22:9
- Corrected "Subtile" to "Subtle" in 22:63 Pickthall
- Corrected missing word "land" at then end of literal 23:29 and word-for-word 23:29
- Corrected clarifying words (those) and (the) in literal 24:33 and word-for-word 24:33
JZAK to brother Saeed Malik - again! - for reporting all of these issues.
2018/07/01 Corrected numerous renditions
- Corrected extra period in 19:92 Asad
- Corrected missing word "eye" in literal 20:39 and word-for-word 20:39
- Corrected duplicate of subsequent ayah in 20:100 Laleh Bakhtiar
- Corrected ambiguous abbrieviation (app vs approach) in literal and word-for-word 21:4
JZAK to brother Saeed Malik for reporting all of these issues.
2018/06/02 Corrected truncated renditions
- Corrected truncated Maududi 10:2 - JZAK to Ahmed Khadim
- Corrected numerous other truncated Maududi in surah 10 - JZAK to Farheen Maqsood (more pending)
- Corrected truncated Shabbir Ahmed 3:19 - JZAK to Farheen Maqsood
2018/04/23 Corrected two more missing literal (words)
- corrected missing "treaty/covenant" in literal 9:4 and 9:7 - JZAK again to Muhammad Mir
2018/04/15 Corrected missing literal
- corrected missing "treaty/covenant" in literal 9:1 - JZAK to Muhammad Mir
2018/04/15 Corrected typo / transcrition errors
- corrected spacing in Wahiduddin Khan 5:69
- corrected spacing in Wahiduddin Khan 28:58
- corrected spacing in Wahiduddin Khan 39:33
2018/03/25 Corrected Aziz, recategorized Al-Muntakhab
- corrected truncated Hamid S. Aziz 26:200 (JZAK to Samir Abboushi)
2018/02/06 Corrected Aziz, recategorized Al-Muntakhab
- corrected truncated Hamid S. Aziz 24:31
- removed truncated [Al-Muntakhab] 24:31 due to lack of source
- recategorized [Al-Muntakhab] to "Partial" section, due to same lack of source
* If any of our readers has access to this work, please contact us. JZAK
2018/02/03 Multiple changes, multiple renditions, and a policy change
- in the past IslamAwakened has (mostly) included each translation/rendition of the verse of the Qur'an "AS-IS". We transcribed them exactly as they were made available to us, with only minor and obvious typographical corrections.
Today we have implement a change to that policy, based on feedback from various readers.
1. Numerous verses had " God's " rendered as " Gods ". These have been corrected.
2. Other verses, which refer to pagan idols, used " Gods ". These have been corrected to " gods ".
The only verses this change was not applied to was those discussing the differences with Christians.
It is our prayer that leaving these, and only these, as-is will help in future dawah efforts.
3. The partial upoad of Ahmed Halusi had some sequencing issues. Now fixed.
One again we thank all those who support IslamAwakened with suggestions, problem reports, and (yes) donations.
Jazak Allahu Khayran
- added ayat navigation at page end for convenience - JZAK to Samir Abboushi for the suggestion.
2017/12/16 Mir Aneesuddid
- corrected sequence error in Syrah Ta Ha; thanks to Samir Abboushi for the report.
2017/11/26 Muhammad H. al-`Asi
- new addition of The Ascendant Qur‘an, by Muhammad H. al-‘Asi; work in progress, as of November 2016 ayat 1:1 to 2:141 have been transcribed.
2017/11/26 Wahiduddin Khan
- corrected missing period in 18:30; thanks to brother Larbs Ben for the reports.
2017/11/24 Wahiduddin Khan
- corrected partial truncation in al-Kahf 18:18 and missing apostrophe in 18:21; thanks to brother Larbs Ben for the reports.
2017/11/21Yusuf Ali (original)
- corrected typos in al-Baqarah 2:136, 2:177, 2:185, 2:243, 2:249, 2:283; also al-Imran 3:7, 3:20, 3:25, 3:64, 3:84; thanks to sister Erica Bolliger for the reports.
2017/11/21 Hamad S. Aziz
- corrected truncation in an-Nahl 16:71; thanks to Samir Abboushi for the report.
2017/10/09 Literal / word-for-word translation
- fixed missing word in at-Talaq 65:3; thanks to Fayaad Ali for the report.
2017/09/26 N. J. Dawood (edited) translation
- thanks to the hard work of sister Samina Khan, the translation by N.J.Dawood has been updated.
2017/07/30 All changes complete
- redirects to IslamAwakened.org will still occur for some, but both are aliases of the same site
2017/06/13 Temporary move to backup site due to hack attack
- repair continues 6/18 - word-for-word individual audio files in place
2016/12/09 Truncated 2:187 Hamid Aziz fixed
2016/12/09 Truncated 22:15 Dr. Kamal Omar fixed
2016/12/09 Entire surah 22 Mir Aneesuddin fixed
2016/12/09 Corrrected special characters in Sayyid Qutb (transcription in progress)
2016/12/09 Corrrected 18:12 Muhammad Asad
2016/09/05 Truncated 27:40 Hamid Aziz fixed
2016/09/05 4:46 Yusuf Ali "What hear and obey" corrected to "We hear and obey"
2016/04/23 Complete updated revision of Bakhtiari Nejad rendition.
2016/04/23 Corrected transcription error in 16:51 Safi Kaskas rendition.
2016/03/06 Added Bakhtiari Nejad rendition.
2016/03/05 Added Safi Kaskas rendition. JZAK to the author for his assistance.
2015/02/02 UPGRADE to Joomla 3
2014/12/07 Fixed parsing error in Aisha Bewley Surah al-A'raf (shukron to Shibli Zaman)
2014/07/26 Added missing ayah [various] to M. Farooq Malik rendition
2014/07/26 Added missing ayah 25:63-77 to [Al-Muntakhab] rendition
2014/07/26 Added redirect for IslamAwakened.com/Quran
2014/07/26 Fixed run-together words in Wahiduddin Khan al-Imran 3:134
2014/07/26 Fixed transcription error in Muhammad Mahmoud Ghali al-Ahzab 33:33
2014/07/26 Fixed run-together words in Wahiduddin Khan ar-Ra`d 13:29
2013/09/14 Per author request "Progressive Muslims" renamed "The Montheist Group (2011)"
2013/09/14 Per author request "Free Minds" renamed "The Montheist Group (2013)"
2013/07/26 Added Free Minds translation; replaced bad Qur'an Index link
2013/07/20 Added internation translation pages; added ease-of-use tabs on all ayat pages
2013/06/15 fixed incorrect parsing in N J Dawood 25:30-32 (shukron to Wasim Uddin)
2013/06/08 added translation "Quran in English: Clear and Easy to Read (2012)" by Talal Itani.
2013/06/08 corrected truncation of [al Mukatab] 74:31
2013/06/01 deprecated Amatul Rahman Omar, due to oddities in al-Baqarah 2:72 translation (and related ayah)
2013/05/25 updated Dr. Mohammad Tahir-ul-Qadri to latest edition
2013/05/10 added Ahmed Raza Khan - Barelvi - redition (in the yellow section)
2013/05/05 added Link and images for www.MyJihad.org
2013/05/03 fix transcription error in Asad's surah 18 ayat 46; two transcription error in surah 2, ayat 27 (shukron to Mubashir Inayet); one transcription error located in Bijan Moeinian surah 81 ayat
2013/04/18 updated entire Bilal Muhammad rendition to 2013 edition
2013/03/10 corrected transcription errors in multible ayah as reported by Arshad Chaudhry;corrected transcription error in Asad 86:9 (shukron to Mubashir Inayet); added missing ayah to T.B.Irving 42:17-19, 69:48; corrected several errors in surah 35, translator [al-Munkatab] (shukron to Arshad Chaudhry); corrected several errors in surah 81, ayat 1 (shukron to Mubashir Inayet)
2013/03/08 corrected several errors in Kamal Omar (shukron to Samir Saikali) and one in Wahiduddin Khan 7:205
2013/03/05 added surah 76 thru 87 of rendition by Sayyed Abbas Sadr-Ameli
2013/03/01 corrected Muhammad Asad missing word in al-Insan 76:21 (shukron to Mubashir Inayet)
2013/02/26 corrected Muhammad Asad missing word in al-Muzammil 73:6 (shukron to Mubashir Inayet); corrected Maududi truncated ayat in Hud 11:7
2013/02/23 corrected T.B. Irving missing ayat and seven resulting sequence errors in surah al-Mulk (shukron to Samir Saikali)
2013/01/06 corrected reported '—' problem (shukron to Francis Chabot of Université de Montréal)
2013/01/05 re-labeled two Yusuf Ali versions; moved 1938 edition to green/mainstream category
2013/01/04 added missing Farook Malik ayah
2013/01/03 added NEW TRANSLATON: draft N. J. Dawood (shukran to sister Samina Khan)
2012/07/28 corrected sequence issues with Hamid S. Aziz translation; corrected [al-Mutakhab] 25:63
2012/06/19 Corrected sequencing error in T.B.Irving rendition, in Surrah Al-Maidah.